Sunday, July 6, 2014

#my100happydays

Many of my friends have been following my latest project on Facebook (willingly or grudgingly) which was the Happiness Project. I'm writing this blog to capture, what I felt, my learnings have been through taking up something so seemingly trivial and according to some people, a show of sorts.

That being said, a few things I want to clear out:
- I'm a generally happy person and don't feel the need to achieve things or milestones or goals to make me feel happy.
- At one point, I got tired of it. It's not fun to do something religiously every single day.

First of all, thanks Suchita Rao Madurai for introducing me to this. It has been interestingly revealing in ways you will read below. :)

So here goes :-
1. Most of us know that simple things make us happy. What we discount is that those simple things make you happy REPETITIVELY.
2. Food is one of the best things in the world - I could be a good food critic someday! ;)
3. There will be 2-3 people who will feature in your Happiness list very often. NEVER let these people go!
4. If you care to notice, there will - more often than not - be more than one thing that can make you happy in one single day. Sometimes it's too many to capture. Sometimes you even miss them since they're so routine.
5. There will be things that you'd thought you would post when you will do them, and somehow that may not happen. It's likely that it's something important to you. Try to make those things happen, and more often.
6. Nature is really that wonderful.
7. There will be people who silently curse you for taking up so much footage on their wall. They're secretly jealous you can do something so seemingly small and make a big deal of it. And of course, get so much attention.
8. People you'd never expect, will follow these posts feeling inspired and hoot for your happiness and feel happy for you.
9. You feeling happy, will in turn make someone else's day just a 0.001% better. And hey, that's a lot more than you'd do otherwise.
10. You make new friends who will keep reminding you if you didn't post, or tell you if something was wrong. Kinnari Vora, you were that friend for me. :)
11. People you never thought would be watching (cuz they don't like or comment on your posts), will randomly message, helping you and encouraging you to keep at it. There's more good than you'd ever care to admit!
12. What goes around, definitely does come around! :)
13. Bad days will always be there, and some times you'd have to think hard to find one thing that was not half bad that day. Chances are, you're so involved in the happenings of that day, you missed the good part. But good parts always happen. Every single day.
14. We girls do love company. Rasmi Ben and Suppi, you'll were such fab company!! :) :)
15. You will always want to give up anything you take up, especially seemingly trivial projects. Keep at it! It'll seem worthwhile at some point.
16. You will always get judged for anything you do. Stay true to your heart.
17. You don't get decent food abroad since your friends living outside India, will always envy the food posts you put up! :P :P
18. And oh, I can take decent food pictures! :P :P :P
19. You may end up figuring what you're passionate about, or what you're really good at (if you haven't already).

So here it is. Many things I may have missed, but I'm glad I did this. I hope I have succeeded in my bid to bore the reader (one I assume must've followed at least a bit of this project) a bit more. ;)

Thanks for reading! I'd love to see your input/comments, so please do let me know what you think and share your stories. :)

1 comment:

Joseph said...

I remember a quote by Joseph Campbell that said - follow your bliss and you will find happiness.. I'm glad you did :-)

Keep it going..